Are you having a swollen belly?
Are you experiencing pain in the upper part of your belly?
Has the pace of your heartbeats become faster?
Are you experiencing vomiting?
If you nodded a yes, then you may be suffering from pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is a disease that causes inflammation of the pancreas. The pancreas is an important organ of the human body. They release digestive enzymes that help in digesting food.
They also release insulin, which regulates the sugar level of the body. So, damage to the pancreas is indeed a fatal thing.
But don't worry! By visiting the best general physician in Safdarjung, New Delhi, one can get treatment for pancreatitis and treat the pancreas.
This article discusses pancreatitis, its types, causes, symptoms, and treatment options available in Safdarjung to treat pancreatitis. First, let us discuss the types of pancreatitis.
What are the types of pancreatitis?
There are 2 types of pancreatitis. They are as follows-
- Acute pancreatitis- Acute pancreatitis leads to sudden inflammation of the pancreas but it lasts for a shorter while. This type of pancreatitis can be successfully treated by receiving proper treatment at the general physician clinic in Safdarjung, New Delhi. When acute pancreatitis is severe, it can cause bleeding and damage the tissue and other important organs of the body such as the heart and lungs.
- Chronic pancreatitis- Chronic pancreatitis leads to inflammation of the pancreas which is long-lasting. This type of pancreatitis is more common in people who drink a lot of alcohol. You can get treatment for chronic pancreatitis from a general physician doctor in Safdarjung.
What are the causes of pancreatitis?
The causes of acute pancreatitis are as follows-
- Drinking excess alcohol
- Autoimmune diseases
The causes of chronic pancreatitis include the following-
- Cystic fibrosis
- If your family members suffer from pancreatic disorders, it is likely that you too will suffer the same.
- Heavy alcohol consumption for a long time
What are the symptoms of pancreatitis?
The common signs and symptoms of acute pancreatitis are as follows-
- Swollen belly
- Experiencing pain in the upper part of the belly
- Increase in heart rate
The symptoms of chronic pancreatitis are almost like the symptoms of acute pancreatitis. But in chronic pancreatitis, one may also experience weight loss and diarrhea as sufficient enzymes are not released by the pancreas to break down food.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, it is advisable to seek help from a general physician doctor in Safdarjung and get effective treatment for pancreatitis.
What are the ill effects of pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis can lead to severe complications such as follows-
- Diabetes if the cells that produce insulin get damaged
- Pancreatic infections
- Failure of kidney
- Malnourishment as the body doesn't receive sufficient nutrients due to the lack of digestive enzymes produced.
- Cancer in pancreas
- Breathing problems
So, to avoid these complications, it is essential to get treatment for pancreatitis as soon as possible from the best general physician in Safdarjung, New Delhi.
What are the treatment options available in Safdarjung, New Delhi to treat pancreatitis?
If you are having acute pancreatitis, your doctor in Safdarjung will use the following treatment options-
- Your doctor will prescribe antibiotics in case your pancreas is infected
- You will be given intravenous fluids using a needle
- Your doctor might suggest you stop eating or go on a low-fat diet to treat the pancreas. A feeding tube would be used to provide you with nutrition.
- Your doctor might also prescribe certain medicines that help relieve pain.
In severe cases, the following treatment options can be used to treat acute pancreatitis-
- ERCP can be done to remove gallstones if they block the pancreatic ducts or bile
- Gallbladder surgery is done if gallstones are the cause of pancreatitis
- Pancreatic surgery
In case you have chronic pancreatitis, along with the above treatments, additional treatments would be needed such as follows-
- You would be given insulin if you are suffering from diabetes due to pancreatitis
- You would be provided with pancreatic enzymes so that your body gets sufficient nutrients.
- Surgery to reduce pain and treat blockages
One can prevent pancreatitis by avoiding the consumption of alcohol and by not smoking.
Pancreatitis is a fatal disease that causes inflammation of the pancreas and damages the pancreas. It can also damage the other vital organs of the body like the kidney, heart, and cause complications such as kidney failure and lead to severe medical conditions such as pancreatic cancer and diabetes. So, immediate and proper treatment for pancreatitis is essential to avoid such complications.
Are you suffering from pancreatitis?
Don't worry! Visit the best general physician clinic in Safdarjung, New Delhi immediately and get effective treatment for pancreatitis and say pancreatitis goodbye!