Dr Ramit Singh Sambyal offers the best gastroenteritis treatment in Delhi. He is among the best general physician in Safdarjung Enclave, Delhi.
Besides, he has 7+ years of experience in treating patients with general and chronic medical conditions. Furthermore, he evaluates, diagnoses disorders, and provides emergency care.
Dr Ramit Singh Sambyal is a well-known emergency doctor in Delhi with profound knowledge of critical care and emergency medicine. He has contained inbound patient referrals and liaised with other team members.
Besides, he also composed a caseload of patients and referred them to a specialist for advanced treatment if needed.
Read on to know about gastroenteritis, its symptoms, causes, diagnosis, treatment, and more.
What is Gastroenteritis?
Gastroenteritis is a condition triggered by the infection and inflammation of the digestive system. Typical symptoms include abdominal cramps, diarrhoea, and vomiting. In some cases, the disease cures itself within several days.
The significant complication of gastroenteritis is dehydration. Yet, we can prevent this if the fluid lost in vomit and diarrhoea is replaced. The patient suffering from severe gastroenteritis may require fluids administered intravenously.
Symptoms of Gastroenteritis
Diagnosis of Gastroenteritis
It is a must to discover the cause of gastroenteritis. As different gastroenteritis types respond uniquely to various treatments. The diagnosis of gastroenteritis includes some of the following methods:
- Physical exam
- Medical history
- Blood and stool analysis
Treatment for Gastroenteritis
Dr Ramit Singh Sambyal will evaluate your symptoms. He may also order diagnostic tests if symptoms last for more than three days. In case you're diagnosed with gastroenteritis, he will provide the most-effective treatment based on the type of infection.
His treatments have provided instant relief in many cases. Hence, patients also consider him one of the best gastroenteritis doctor in Delhi. Gastroenteritis treatment depends on the cause. However, the treatment may include the following approach:
- Intake of adequate fluids.
- Oral rehydration drinks.
- In severe condition, admission to hospital and intravenous fluid replacement.
- Antibiotics, if bacteria are the causative agents.
- Medications to eliminate the parasites, if parasites are the causative factors.
Causes of Gastroenteritis
- Bacteria like Campylobacter bacterium.
- Bacterial toxins produced by bacteria are poisonous that can contaminate food. Some strains of bacteria such as staphylococcus produce toxins that can cause gastroenteritis.
- Parasites like Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba, and Giardia.
- Viruses like rotavirus, norovirus, adenovirus, astrovirus, adenovirus, and calicivirus.
- Particular medication, such as antibiotics, can cause gastroenteritis in susceptible people.
- Exposure to certain chemicals may cause poisoning that can trigger gastroenteritis.
Prevention of Gastroenteritis
Common suggestions on how to lessen the risk of acquiring gastroenteritis are:
- Wash your hands with soap after going to the toilet, smoking, or handling pets.
- Clean your hands before cooking or eating food.
- Use disposable paper sheets to wipe your hands. Rather than using cloth towels as the bacteria can survive in them.
- Do not touch raw and cooked foods with the same implements such as knives, cutting boards, and tongs. Unless thoroughly washed between uses.
- Keep all kitchen surfaces and equipment clean.
- Store cold food cold below 5°C and hot food hot above 60 °C to inhibit bacteria growth.
- Cook food thoroughly.
- Clean the toilet and bathroom daily, particularly the toilet seat, door handles, and taps.
- When travelling abroad to countries where sanitation is suspect, only take bottled water.
- Avoid food buffets or peeled fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid taking the ice in drinks.
Book an appointment with Dr Ramit Singh Sambyal to seek the most effective treatment for your gastric problems.