Are you experiencing muscle pain and weakness?
Do you have a fever with a headache?
If yes then, to avoid further risks of any severe infection, you should consult Dr Ramit Singh Sambyal.
Dr Ramit Singh Sambyal is among the best General and Emergency Physicians in Delhi with seven-plus years of experience. He has expertise in treating patients with several minor to complex medical conditions.
In this article Dr Ramit Who is the best general physician in Vasant Kunj, Delhi will discuss your symptoms and perform a physical examination. Accordingly, he will prescribe medications and give a few instructions for faster recovery.
If your symptoms last for longer, he may order a blood test for ruling out the presence of any infections.
What is Viral fever?
Viral fever is the effect of acute viral infection caused due to seasonal changes and contamination in the environment. It is generally characterized by a rise in average body temperature, cold, cough, or body pain.
The average body temperature of humans is 37oC (98.6oF). Anything above this temperature is considered a high fever.
An increase in body temperature shows that the immune system is fighting with the viruses and destroying them. A virus can infect the respiratory system, gastrointestinal, reproductive, and other parts of the body.
What are the symptoms associated with viral fever?
Viral Fever Treatment
- After discussing the symptoms associated with the fever, your doctor will prescribe medicines. Your doctor may prescribe antibiotics if there is a probability of bacterial infection or viral infection, such as dengue or flu.
- A particular medication such as Rhus Toxicodendron lowers the fever and relieve body pain. Paracetamol (ibuprofen) is the most common and widely used over-the-counter drug for the treatment of viral fever. Various antiviral drugs can treat certain viral infections.
- Most of the antibiotics are ineffective in treating a viral infection. When it comes to a few of the viruses that cause cold and flu, antibiotics, and medications do not work well. Antiviral drugs are the right medications that help you to recover faster from a viral infection.
- It helps to relieve sore throats and pain associated with headaches, nausea, or vomiting. You can also take anti-fever and pain killers to control the symptoms of sore muscles, pain, and fever.
- If you experience viral fever, you should rest and eat warm, soothing foods such as soup or khichdi. Drink plenty of fluids and take the medications to recover from the viral infection.
How is viral fever diagnosed?
The diagnosis of viral fever is not possible only by reviewing the symptoms. So, the doctor would prescribe blood, sputum, or urine tests to rule out other conditions.
What causes viral fever?
- Fever is the effect of a fight between foreign viruses and the body's immune system that increase body temperature. The transfer of viral fever takes place from one individual to another. A person can get a viral infection through sexual contact as well.
- Consuming contaminated water is one of the leading causes of viral fever. Eating unhygienic food can also weaken your body. Staying in contaminated zones or unhygienic areas may cause viral infections.
- Insects can carry various viruses, and if they bite you or sites on your food, it may cause viral fevers like dengue and malaria.
- Exchanging blood with the virus-infected person will cause viral fever. While most viral fever symptoms should disappear within three to four days, but it is safer to consult your general physician if you experience any of these symptoms.